Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Your FIIIIIIRRRRRRED....wait I'm Fired? Oh Man.

Well I wasn't technically fired today. I belive the actually used the term "Reduction in Force," which for those of you who don't have the pleasure of working in what's left of corporate America, is the same as being laid off. So as of 10.30 am April 29th, I'm now offically better at this then I am at my day job, because, well I don't have a day job.

I don't think the reality has set in yet so I haven't burst into tears or started punching inanimate objects for no reason. Although, I must say I'm tempted, because at least I would have an excuse. I'm trying to take a positive attitude on this "unfortunate event". After nine years I'm free to persue a new career (possibly in TV/VCR repair!).

As I was being informed of my company's decision (I liked that part "company's decision" how nice of them to remove the human element. I wasn't let go by my director or boss, but by the faceless "company") I did ponder two things.

1. No More Free Tickets.
2. No More Money for Cards.

Arrghhh. That's gonna suck. I loved getting free tickets to games. Especially since they were nice tickets, luxary box tickets. Hopefully, some of those left behind at the company will remember me and throw me an invite from time to time.

Not being able to buy cards is going to be a bummer as well. I was just starting to embrace this whole internet thing and now it's been taken away! Oh well, I still have plenty left to trade so feel free to send me your extra O's and Ray's cards. I'll make sure to send you some nice cards in return.

Well, I won't bore you with any more details. Suffice it to say I'll have more time to post on this here site, so that's either a good thing or a bad thing depending on your point of view.

Job search starts Friday, Thursday I'm heading to the beach!

3 comments:

Dave said...

I'm sorry to hear about that, Justin. Here's hoping that you'll get a job soon with a company that has even better corporate tickets!

Anonymous said...

Vince McMahon would be proud.


So HR did the ax job?

--David said...

I'm sorry you got RIF'd. Hopefully, this means something else will come along that you would have otherwise missed.