Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Quick Hits - Hockey Free Edition!

Sooz from A Cardboard Problem interviewed the only member of The Wasteland Hall of Fame - Michael Taylor. Check it out.

Pat Burrell hit a walk off home run Tuesday night. It seems his power is starting to come back a bit. If he has a strong second half perhaps the Rays can outhit their inconsistent pitching and make a run at the division.

Just for Fun:

Jon Gomes 34 games 5 HR's 16 RBI .317 BA .406 OBP .992 OPS $600,000
Pat Burrell 52 games 4 HR's 25 RBI .222 BA .337 OBP .658 OPS $7,000,000

Best part of being unemployed part 5 - The Tour de France. Peleton might be one of my favorite words. Is it the crashes, the dulcet tones of announcer....., the indominatable spirit of Lance Armstrong? Who knows, but it's better than watching Sportscenter 15 times in a row.

4 comments:

Collective Troll said...

there are a few million reasons why i would rather have jonny gomes with the rays right now...

Justin G. said...

Troll... I still think the Burrell signing was a good one, I think his "strained neck" earlier this season was a much worse injury. Oddly enough as I was driving around today one of the local talk shows brought up the same exact numbers I had posted between Burrell and Gomes...odd....

Anonymous said...

You have FANS!!! What talk show is reading the wasteland?

I know Duemig couldn't get his face away from the bar long enough to read anything....

Justin G. said...

It was on 1010 I think. Duemig's been on vacation so I can't pick on him these days....