So despite not having a job or a steady paycheck I decided to blow some of my savings on Beatles related merchandise today. I am now the proud owner of Beatles Rock Band, and the remastered releases of the White Album and Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band. Was it worth it? Hell-to-the -yes! Plus I had a five dollar coupon! Woo-hoo!
I took Rock Band out for a quick test drive this afternoon (after I finished my chores) and it was awesome. The only problem is that I’m distracted by the backgrounds and keep missing keys. Oh well, it’s worth it. I can’t wait to get some people together and have a full on band jam.
As far as the new albums, there is a noticeable difference between the old discs and the new ones. I had the White Album blasting in the Mini Cooper while I ran about town and it was fantastic. I’m not enough of an audiophile to explain the differences other than to say the new disc packs a lot more oomph.
So now I have a bit of a conundrum. I have two copies of the White Album and Sgt. Peppers. So what should I do? Give the old copies away of course! The only way to give something away is through a totally half-assed contest. So here it is:
Justin G’s Beatles Giveaway Trivia Contest
First to post the most correct answers in the comments field wins both discs and maybe I’ll throw some random packs of cards in the envelope. Each blank is worth one point. If there is a tie, I’ll come up with some sort of tie breaker question. Entries have to be in by Friday at midnight.
Here we go:
1. ________ played lead guitar on “While my Guitar Gently Weeps”. He was also briefly considered as a replacement when George quite the band later on.
2. During the recording of the White Album Ringo briefly quit the band and went boating in Sardina. While he was gone ________ played the drums on "Back In The USSR".
Bonus Question: While Ringo was on the boat what song did he start writing? Hint: the song would appear on Abbey Road.
3. “Dear Prudence” was written for _________ sister. After joining the Beatles in India and studying meditation the band was afraid she was suffering from depression when she locked herself in her room. John wrote the song to remind her how beautiful the world was.
4. Paul wrote “Why don’t we do it in the road” after seeing two ______ having relations in the middle of the road.
5. Desmond bought Molly a ______ karat golden ring.
6. ______ is the official name of the White Album.
There ya go. Seven possible points. Good luck.
Italy Fails To Qualify for 2018 World Cup
4 days ago